GHHF Yearly activities and Accomplishments for 2016
"Give. Give with faith. Do not give without faith. Give with sensitivity. Give with a feeling of abundance. Give with right understanding." Taittiriya Upanishad
As many of you know that Global Hindu Heritage Foundation was started in 2006 with a mission to make every effort to REPEAL the Hindu Religious and Charitable Endowment Act, restore the independent management of Hindu Temples by Hindus themselves, make Hindus aware of the plight of Hindu Temples in the hands of government, ensure that the Hindu Temple lands are not auctioned or sold, urge the government to renovate and repair all the dilapidated Gopurams and Temples, recover all the lands that were encroached illegally or obtain market value for these lands, approach the government to rectify the abuses of Hindu Temple assets, challenge the sale and encroachment of Hindu Temple lands, advocate the implementation of Article 48 to protect the cows and close down the slaughter houses, revive the pride and prestige of the glory and grandeur of Sanatana Dharma, and encourage implementation of various activities to that make Hindus appreciate the meaning and significance various rituals.
A case was filed in the Supreme Court by Sri Dayananda Saraswati in 2013 and Dr. Subramanian Swamy agreed to represent the case to repeal the Endowment Act freeing the Temples from the government control. The case came to the Supreme Court in July and it may continue for a couple of years before the decision is made. We are all hopeful that the Endowment Act will be repealed allowing Hindus to manage their Hindu Temples the way Christians and Moslems manage theirs without government interference.
Vakula Mata Temple case was resolved with the High Court clearing the way to build it by TTD. We are hoping that Ground Breaking Ceremony will be started very soon.
Then the question is “Why did the government taken over the Hindu Temple?” It is because of Hindu indifference, silence and tolerance. It is time for all Hindus to look at the governmental discrimination against Hindu Temples and Hinduism.
Your contribution would help us continue the struggle to free Hindu Temples soon.
Please read “GHHF Yearly Activities and Accomplishments for 2016.” We will be grateful for any contribution you can make. Thanks
Please DONATE. Your donations are appreciated to continue the work.
NOTE: GHHF is exempt from federal income tax under section 501 (c) 3 of the Internal Revenue code. Our tax ID # 41-2258630
Please send your tax-deductible donations to:
Global Hindu Heritage Foundation,
14726 Harmony Lane, Frisco, Texas 75035.
GHHF Yearly activities and Accomplishments for 2016
January Announcement was made requesting people to submit original video on the topic “My Native Place – My Ancient Temple: Past and Present” to select the top videos at SaveTemples International Documentary Film Festival.”
Krishna Janmashtami to be declared as Gopuja Dinotsava Day. GHHF submitted a letter requesting the Sri M Manikyala Rao, the Minister for Endowments requesting him to declare Krishna Janmashtami as Gopuja Dinotsava Day.
Since the Repeal of Endowment Act is being heard at Supreme Court, Dr. Subramanian Swamy suggested that we should take up the task of writing a Constitution for the Management of Hindu Temples. We have selected two people who are knowledgeable in the matter who have agreed to undertake this task. Work is in progressing.
Gopuja Dinotsavam - Government of Andhra Pradesh accepted our request and issued a G O (Government Order) on April 1, 2016. The GO reads that, “it is appropriate to declare Sri Krishna Janmashtami as Gopuja Dinotsavam and encourage people to worship the cow and protect the cow.
Keeping the above position, Government hereby declared that every Sri Krishna Janmashtami shall be observed as “Gopuja Dinotsavam.”
All the Executive Officers of all temples are directed to take up Gopuja activities on Sri Krishna Janmashtami hereafter every year.”
Kumari Sanskriti Kesiraju, daughter of legendary Dr. Ghazal Srinivas sang a number of Ghazals with meaningful content at Karya Siddhi Hanuman Temple. This child prodigy was very much appreciated for her soulful singing.
- Smt. Savitri Jayanti, Harikatha Artist from Annamacharya Project at TTP performed Harikatha narrating the story of Bhakta Ramadas on June 25 at Karya Siddhi Hanuman Temple.
- Diwali Stamp:GHHF has actively campaigned requesting all Indians to sign the petition to issue DIWALI postal stamp in USA.
Chandi Homam - Dr. Ghazal Srinivas couple have performed CHANDI YAAGA in Amaravati Punyakshetram in Guntur District successfully.
To make Krishna Pushkaralu as successful, GHHF & Savetemples.org Organized CHANDI YAAGA with the support of Hindu Drama Rakshana Parishath of Guntur District, Former Minister Shri D. Manikya Vara Prasad, Mr. Venu Gopal from Vishwa Hindu Parishad, Darshanapu Srinivas were attended the Homam. His Holiness Shri Viswanji Maharaj attended the event and participated in the CHANDI YAAGA.
- Sri Pujya Paripoornananda Swamiji conducted tow lecture in Dallas area
On August 6, he spoke at the Karya Siddhi Hanuman Temples addressing on the “Relevance of Hindu Customs and Traditions” followed by question and answer session.
On August 7, h spoke on Gomata, Gopuram and Gurukulam and the need to promote them to preserve our Hinduism at Singley Auditorium in Irving TX.
- A compound Wall around Sri Menakeswari Temple in East Godavari District was constructed by our organization.
- During Krishna Pushkaralu, Ghazal Srinivas produced a CD and was inaugurated by Sri Chinna Jeeyar Swami on the significance of Pushkaralu
- Prime Minister Sri Narendra Modi releases a CD on Tiranga Yatra to mark the 70th anniversary of India’s Independence.
- Bhagavata Saptaham, rendered by Sadhvi Sri Tiruppavai Kokila Manjula Sree, was organized by GHHF in seven cities in USA:
San Francisco September 12 and 13
Detroit and Columbus September 14 thru 20
New Jersey September 22 thru 30
Washington DC area October 1 thru 5
Tampa, FL October 6 thru 10
Atlanta October 11 thru 17
- Dr. Subramanian Swamy gave status report on the Repeal of Endowment Act in the Supreme Court, the abuses of Hindu Temples by the government, differences between Hindu Temples and Churches & Mosques, rampant corruption cases, and the determination to build Rama Temple in Ayodhya by the end of 2017. More than 600 people attended his speech on Tuesday evening on October 11, 2016
- SaveTemples International Documentary Festival On “Our Native Place – Our Ancient Temple – Past & Present” was conducted on October 1, 2016 at Prasad Labs, Hyderabad. Dr. Raghavendra Prasad attended the function.
Second Prize: Kottapalli Seetaram Documentary: Mahendragiri (Awarded: Rs 75,000)
Third Prize: Sathya Prasad Documentary: Manushulu Chesina Devudu. (Awarded: Rs 50,000)Guests who attended the Festival: Sri G Kishan Reddy, MLA; Sri MVR Sastry, Editor, Andhra Bhoomi; Dr. S Raghavendra Prasad, Director, GHHF (USA); Sri K Linga Reddy, Managing Director, PETE Transformers; Sri Valluri Jayaprakash, Chairman, Livebharat.com; Sri Allani Sridhar, Director & Producer; Sri Madhura Sridhar, Chairman, Madhura Music; Sri Dasaradh, Film Director; Sri Dixit DS, Founder, Akkineni Gurukula Patasala; Sri “Laxmana Rekha” N Gopala Krishna, Film Director; Sri Sirasri, Cine Lyricist; Sri M V Soundara Rajan, Chilukuru Balaji Temple; Sri Raj Kandhukuri, Film Producer; Smt Kavitha, Cine Actress; Ms. Madhushalini, Cine Heroine
- Maha Kumbabhishekam was performed in Sri Ksheera Ramalingeswara Swamy Temple in Palakol, West Godavari on October 20 and 21, 2016. Dr. Raghavendra Prasad also participated in the function.
- Attended as a special Guest to celebrate Sahasrabdi of Sri Ramanuja Chary of 10th century organized by JET USA under the auspicious guidance of Sri Tridandi Chinna Jeeyar Swamy on November 19th.
- Suprabhatams were sung by Dr Ghazal Srinivas for these Temples to be played in the early morning hours at the request of these respective Temples.
- Sri Ksheera Ramalingeswara Swami, Palakol
- Sri Bhaavanarayana Swamy Temple, Sarpavaram near Kakinada
- Lord Lakshmi Nrusimha Swamy Temple, Mangala Giri
- Sri Jaladeswara Swamy Temple, Ghantasala
- Vakula Mata Temple – GHHF has taken up this project about four years ago, with the intention of rebuilding the Vakulamata Temple. Participated in the demonstrations to bring awareness to all Hindus about the significance. Sri Swami Paripoornananda Saraswathi, Dr. Ghazal Srinivas, Sri Bhanu Prakash Reddy and many people have participated in the movement. The issue was litigated in the legal system by illegal miners of the mountain. High Court cleared the way on November 16, 2016
- Motivational Song: Sri Ghazal Srinivas sang a Motivational Song on "Construction of Vakulamata Temple " at Perur, near Tirupathi for the commitment and dedication to the mission of SaveTemples & GHHF organization of USA. We Salute Sreepeetham and Bharath Today channel for all their Dedication.
- Hindu Singles - Participated in the discussion and planning of arranging an occasion for Hindu Singles to meet to create opportunity to find potential Hindus partners with the intention of their eventual marriage alliances. Meet and Greet was arranged on November 26th.
Dr. Bala Murali Krishna Passed away: Following the death of Dr. Mangalampudi Bala Murali Krishna, on behalf of GHHF and SaveTemples organization, Dr. Ghazal Srinivas conducted Hrudayaanjali on November 26 in Indian Medical Association Hall in Vijayawada from 9:00am to 6:00p. Dignitaries who attended and spoke at the Condolences ceremony include Sri Kodela Siva Prasad, Sri Gollapalli Surya Rao, Sri Jonnavithula Ramalingeswara Rao, Sri Annavarapu Ramaswamy, Sri Pemmaraju Surya Rao, Sri D V Mohana Krishna, Sri Eelapata Sivaprasad and many others.
Following Resolutions were passed to submit to AP government:
- Install Bronze statue in the new capital Amaravati
- Change the name of Guntur Music College to Dr. Mangalampudi Bala Murali Krishna Public Music College
- In his village in East Godavari District, Government should establish University and Museum recognizing his contribution to Carnatic Music.
- Issue postal stamp on his name
- Award Bharata Ratna recognizing his contribution to music.
Please DONATE. Your donations are appreciated to continue the work.
NOTE: GHHF is exempt from federal income tax under section 501 (c) 3 of the Internal Revenue code.
Our tax ID # 41-2258630
Donate at: https://www.savetemples.org (click ‘Donate’ button on right side).
Where to send your DONATIONS?
Global Hindu Heritage Foundation
14726 Harmony Lane, Frisco, TX 75035.
Your donations are tax deductible. Our Tax ID: # 41-2258630
Any questions, call: Prakasarao Velagapudi 601-918-7111
Please subscribe to Save Temples Telegram channel at https://t.me/savetemples
GHHF Board of Directors:
Prakasarao Velagapudi PhD, (601-918-7111 cell), (601-856-4783 home); Prasad Yalamanchi (630-832-2665; 630-359-5041); Satya Dosapati (732-939-2060); Satya Nemana (732-762-7104); Sekhar Reddy (954-895-1947); Vinay Boppana (248-842-6964); Tulasichand Tummala (408-786-8357); Raju Polavaram, MD (919-959-6141); Nandini Velagapudi, PhD (601-942-2248); Rama Kasibhatla (678-570-1151); Shankar Adusumilli MD (919-961-9584); Sireesha Muppalla (631-421-8686); Prasad Garimella MD (770-595-8033); Raghavendra Prasad MD (214-325-1969); Murali Alloju MD (703-953-1122); Veeraiah Choudary Perni MD (330-646-8004); Vishnu Kalidindi MD; Srivas Chebrolu MD; Avadesh Agarwal; Sudheer Gurram MD; Rajendrarao Gavini MD; Srinath Vattam MD, Ravi Gandhi, Ramadevi Vadali, Kishore Kancharla, Ranjith Kumar Rikkala; Satish Kodeboyina; and Dr. Ghazal Srinivas, Honorary Brand Ambassador.
GHHF Dallas Core Group
Mahesh Rao Choppa (732-429-5217); Srinivas Pamidimukkala (832-444-6460); Gopal Ponangi (214-868-7538); Ram Yalamanchili (214-663-6363); Ravi Pattisam (617-304-3577); Krishna Athota (214-912-3724); Sesharao Boddu (972-489-6949}; P. Viswanadham, PhD (972-355-7107); I V Rao (214-284-6227); Rajesh Veerapaneni (773-704-0405); Sunil T Patel (214-293-4740); Vijay Kollapaneni (818-325-9576); Ghanashyam Kakadia (469-583-1682); R K Panditi (972-516-8325); Viswas Mudigonda (972-814-5961); Srikanth Akula (952-334-9990); Kalyan Jarajapu (972-896-8352); Sitaram Panchagnula (714-322-3430); Vasanth Suri (408-239-3436); Phani Aduri (214-774-2139); Konda Srikanth (214-500-5890); Siva Agnoor (214-542-661).