[GHHF & SIFC] International Conference on Corruption in New Delhi on April 1-2, 2011; Join the movement & save Bharath by rooting out corruption
Rig Veda HYMN XLII: 2-3
2. The evil, vicious wolf who threatens us, Pusan, chase him away from the path
3. The notorious highwayman, the robber who plots in ambush, drive him far away from the track
4. Trample with your feet the torch of the two-tongued slanderer, who ever he may be
(Sama Veda: Book II, Chapter 1; 1:9-10)
9. Agni, drive thou the wicked foe, the evil-hearted thief away,
Far, far, Lord of the brave! and give us easy paths!
10. O hero Agni, Lord of men, on hearing this new laud of mine
Burn down the Rakshasas, enchanters, with thy flame!
Corruption has become so rampant India that every segment of the society - politics, industry, commerce, business, religion, and media – is affected every individual. His ethos, his mores, his morals, his principles, his ethics, his outlook, his personality, his attitudes, his judgment is affected and compromised by the raging cancer called corruption. The cancer we know spreads only in the body of the individual, but this kind of cancer called corruption is viral, violent, and vicious slowly poisoning the whole country. In fact it has already engulfed the country and suffocating the very breath of the nation.
In Mahabharata, Bhishma Pitamaha, talks about the responsibility of the governing body of the nation by saying that “the foundation for good governance is righteousness in public affairs. The king, his son—including relatives—his ministers, and the State employees who have taken the oath of their offices to uphold Dharma and to take care of the public needs, must not act unjustly or unethically because if they do so, they will not only destroy the moral basis of governance but will also turn the State into a hell” (Shanti Parva).
This statement is as relevant today as it was during Mahabharata days. Now it is the responsibility of all Indians to take the country back to righteous way of conducting by demanding high morals from the politicians, transparency, accountability and honesty. Individual citizens should be the torchbearers to uphold high ideals of democracy by demanding service to the country is considered rare opportunity not an opportunity for looting the country, dividing the people, breaking up the country and denying the freedom to the citizens.
We request your support for a major conference at New Delhi on April 1st and 2nd, with international and nationals experts/activists for addressing the massive corruption in India . India's corruption poses nothing less than an existential threat to nation.
While on one side India has 80% of India's 1.2 billion earn less than 2$ per day, one third of global poor live in India, every second child in India is malnourished, a mother has to chose to educate or send a child to work with grinding 17+% inflation, where majority of the country's people life has reduced to a life of daily struggle for existence and one third of India's districts are engulfed by Maoism that is direct threat to nation.
However, on the other side it is estimated that 1.5 trillion dollars was stashed away in foreign havens by politicians, bureaucrats and industrialists. If that money brought back to India, every one of the 1.2 billion people will get 1 lakh rupees each and wiped out India's poverty. The corruption affects every single person, it shows in poor infrastructure, it shows in the money paid for any Government work done, it shows in the lawlessness and Goonda raj. The heart breaking details of the magnitude of this threat are given below by Baba Ramadev at his speech during recent Delhi rally attended by more than 100,000 people.
See the passionate video on corruption that got 120,000 hits in about 5 weeks (this is latest version):
Here is Baba Ramadev speaking to a crowd of 100,000 at New Delhi rally recently on what we are dealing with:
India is rising like many other countries against this scourge as seen in recent rallies at New Delhi attended by 100,000 people. This conference on April 1st and 2nd at New Delhi is another step in that struggle to bring together for first time the best international and national experts/activists working on corruption issues and find ways to work together to combat this issue.
Who is attending the Conference
This conference will be attended by:
* Baba Ramadev, Dr. Subramanian Swamy,
* retired Supreme Court Justices such as Justice Verma, Govindachalla,
* Sri Govindacharya ji,
* Sri Ram Jethmalini ji,
* Arvind Kejriwal and many experts/activists World Bank Governance,
*UNOCD (United Nations Organization),
*Tax Justice Network,
* OECD and several organizations addressing corruption and stashed havens will be attending.
We request you to support this conference:
The conference budget is about $30,000K. You can help:
I) By making donations at our website (by Paypal or credit card) at http://www.SaveIndiaFromCorruption.org or
2) Send a check payable to 'GHHF' and mail to Prakasa Rao,
14726 Harmony Lane,
Frisco, TX 75035.
Global Hindu Heritage Foundation &
Save India From Corruption
BABA RAMADEV'S HEART BREAKING SPEECH AT NEW DELHI RALLY
1. Rs. 400 lakh crore black money in our economy – Our economy has a huge amount of black money. Rs. 300 lakh crore being stashed away in tax havens and Rs.100 lakh crore being in internal circulation. The government is not doing anything to stop this or to get back the money stashed in swiss banks. This is a massive amount which means that every family in this country would get Rs. 2.5 lakh. Each jila can get Rs. 50,000-60,000 crore for development. Each village would get Rs. 100 crore. It could take our country ahead of many developed nations overnight.
2. Rs. 10,000 lakh crore national resources at risk – Our country has 89 types of minerals and the known reserves of these 89 minerals are worth Rs. 10,000 lakh crorewhich is at a huge risk. The Government has granted licenses to only 200 companies whereas in reality more than 1 lakh people are mining the resources and illegally generating wealth and black money. If this is not stopped our country could lose a massive amount of natural resources reserves.
In this natural resource reserve we have iron reserves worth Rs. 550 lakh crore and coal reserves worth Rs.950 lakh crore which are being deppleted at a very fast pace by illegal miners.
3. Huge money in circulation – We have Rs. 10 lakh crore of money in circulation which is more than 15% of our GDP. What is so much money doing in our economy ? This is nothing but to facilitate the black money economy. In US, UK, Canada there is a money circulation of only 3% of the GDP. Hence if the money circulation in our country is Rs.10 lakh crore then our GDP should be approximately Rs. 330 lakh crore instead of Rs.60 lakh crore. So where is the rest of the GDP ? The answer is black money and the location is Swiss Banks.
4. Massive amount of high denomination notes in the economy – In this money circulation of Rs. 10 lakh crore 30% of the money is in Rs.1000 denomination. What is such a massive amount of high denomination note doing in the circulation when 80% of our country gets only Rs.20 to spend per day ? The amount of Rs.1000 notes in the circulation was 1.8% in 2001 which has been cunningly raised to a massive figure of 30% for no logical reason in a period of just 10 years. This is doing nothing but helping in easy transporation of black money in form of cash. Hence the government should recall all high denomination notes instantly.
5. Corruption eating national spending – The government has made budgets worth Rs.200 lakh crore in the past. This is a huge sum of money. But can we see anything ? Former Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi had said that only 10%-15% of the money spent on the nation reaches the people, the rest is engulfed by corruption. Then why is the government not doing anything against it ?
6. Huge amount of scams – The 2G spectrum scam alone is worth Rs. 1.76 lakh crore. That is equivalent to 25% of the annual budget of our country. And what is the government doing ? NOTHING.
7. No punishment for the corrupt – There is not punishment for the corrupt in our country. The government is only claiming to punish the corrupt but WHERE IS THE PUNISHMENT ? The maximum a corrupt person gets is a imprisonment of 2-3 months or if its a huge corruption case then upto 3 years. But even then no one is actually caught because of the corruption in the judicial system and the massive amounts of cases pending in the courts.
8. British Laws still being followed – According to the constitution of India if a person like Binayak Sen speaks against the Government its considered to be National Betrayal and the person is imprisoned. This law was made by the Britishers to suppress any form of voice against the British government but sadly this law continues to reside in the constitution of India. If the Government is corrupt you cannot raise a voice against them, it will be treated as national betrayal. Voice against the governemnt is betrayal but actions of corruption agaisnt the nation is NOT national betrayal. If you speak against the nation you are safe. If you speak against corrupt government you will be imprisoned. This is what the Constituion of India says.
9. Government turning into property dealers – Huge scame of immoral land acquisitions are going on everywhere. in U.P. 2 km wide fertile lands are being acquired for building a road for Rs.20 lakhs and are being sold at the rate of Rs. 5 crore by the government. What is the government doing ? Buying land from farmers and turning it into waste be feeding it with harsh chemicals and selling it to people for such massive profits ? Why has the government turned into property dealers ?
10. Operation of Swiss and Italy Banks – Why are 8 Italy banks and 4 Swiss Banks like UBS being allowed to operating here ? When no common man has accounts in these banks why are these banks being permitted to operate in our country when its a known fact that these banks come from tax havens ? The answer is obvious. They are allowed here to facilitate easy transfer of black money to tax havens from our country.
11. Demoralization of the youth – 450+ government schemes are running and gloryfying just 1 family. No schemes are named on krantikaris like Bhagat Singh or Chandrashekhar Azad. People who sing songs get national awards like Padmashree which is fine. But people who have died for our country do not get anything. This is a cunning conspiracy to not allow development of nationalistic and independent idealogies in the students and youth. Huge money is spent just to glorify 1 family as if they are the only people who work for our country.
See the link below. Please forward to your friends. Let the whole world know.
Mahatma Gandhi said: “Be the change you want to see in the world.”
Visit us online:
Please subscribe to Save Temples Telegram channel at https://t.me/savetemples